- Call at EXACTLY 11am this Monday June 27th to sign up to testify. Spots are filled quickly on a first come basis until 11:30am.
- You are only allowed to sign yourself up to testify (not someone else).
- There will be anywhere from 5-15 spots available. The number changes based on how many people sign up for “agenda” versus “non-agenda” items. The Choice Study is a “non-agenda” item.
- Your testimony is limited to 3 minutes. A buzzer will go off so please make sure your talk is 3 minutes or less.
- Most people bring a prepared statement and just read it.
- Bring 20 copies of your written testimony with you for distribution. There is no need to submit your testimony beforehand. You can just do it at the meeting itself.
- Please arrive on time to the meeting.
- People testifying usually sit together on one side of the room.
- Here is the BOE website in case you want to look up information yourself: http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/boe/community/participation.aspx#meetings.
- The draft agenda is available at: http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/uploadedFiles/boe/meetings/agenda/2016/agenda-06272016.pdf.
A recent lawsuit citing (among other things) the Choice Study’s findings against the Sibling Preference makes it especially important to consider testifying this coming Monday June 27th if you are able to.
Link to Washington Post article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/civil-rights-complaint-alleges-discrimination-in-language-immersion-programs/2016/06/23/43ba2670-3864-11e6-9ccd-d6005beac8b3_story.html